Platform Engineer - IrisApply Now Job ID 1361884BR Date posted 03/08/2018 Location Lawrence, KS Location Name Kansas City, KS Address 1621 Southwest Arvonia Place Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0104 - Iris
This position works with and mentors team members within an Agile software development environment, along with 3 rd party partners, to iteratively design, create, validate, and deploy updates to the Iris solution.
• Translates business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions by partnering with Business Analysts to understand business needs and functional specifications
• Contributes to and leverages the technical direction for the development, configuration, or modification of integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments by providing insight and guidance for the design and coding of component-based applications
• Serves as a technical expert for project teams throughout the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions by leveraging partnerships with IT teams (e.g., Operations, Infrastructure, Architecture, Quality Assurance, Business Analysts) and business leaders to resolve escalated issues
• Supports systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT) for large, complex, cross-functional application initiatives by providing insight to testing teams in order to ensure the appropriate depth of test coverage
• Mentors and advises others in all software development lifecycle phases by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls
• Provides consultation to help ensure new and existing software solutions are developed with insight into industry best practices, strategies, and architectures by communicating emerging technological trends to IT teams and leaders
• Assists in hiring, training, and developing talent for growth opportunities
• Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 6 years experience in developing cloud, mobile or embedded consumer or enterprise facing solutions or 1 year of experience in IoT platform development.
• 3 years experience with either distributed or relational data stores.
• 5+ years of experience in evaluating and integrating 3 rd party and open source components
• 5+ years of experience in systems analysis, including defining technical requirements and performing high level design for complex solutions
• 5+ years of experience working with defect tracking software
• 5+ years of experience working with Linux
• 2+ years of experience in utilizing common IaaS and PaaS solutions and providers
• 2+ years of experience working within an Agile software development environment
• 2+ years of experience working with ZigBee, Z-Wave, or BTLE protocols
• 2+ years of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions for Smart Home or IoT internet scale solutions
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home
improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the
United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales
of $68.6 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or
service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over
310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville,
N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that
focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more
information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
If you're looking for work in #Louisville, KY, check out this #job: bit.ly/2tHNvBt #Transportation #Hiring
RT @MarcusClarkus: Yes, #NSBE44 Lowe's is looking for Industrial Engineers, check out this job: jobs.lowes.com/job/rockford/c… #NSBE #LowesLife
Help us bring spring to life. Join us as our next Sales Specialist. #lowesspringhire http://sm.lowes.com/ZL34FI
#DYK nearly 200 of our current Store Managers started as seasonal hires? Your opportunity with Lowe's awaits. See more here: bit.ly/2FOolqg pic.twitter.com/aY4jXOQKTd
At Lowe's, we care about creating a culture where people love where they work. Learn more about why you should join our team! #LowesLife sm.lowes.com/8ISsXN
We're #hiring! Read about our latest #job opening here: Non-CDL DRIVER - bit.ly/2u65uSg #Transportation #Kyle, TX
Why Lowe's? Because we are driven by helping people love where they live and creating a culture where people love where they work. Learn more about why you should join our Lowe's family today: http://sm.lowes.com/AwuTvt
“I am a proud Lowe’s employee. Lowe’s afforded me the opportunity to complete college and continue to reach my dreams.” This spring, discover a new career that you're proud of with Lowe's. Click the link in our bio to apply today!