Senior Data Scientist
The Lowe’s Supply Chain Technology team is looking for a Software Engineer to be a part of the team that is building the next generation home delivery and inventory platform utilizing microservices and a distributed architecture. This individual will be responsible for creating highly available, at scale solutions which will provide a reliable ecosystem to our product teams supporting Lowe’s Supply Chain.
The Senior Data Scientist is responsible for advising the business on the potential of data, to provide new insights into the business's mission, and through the use of advanced statistical analysis, data mining, and data visualization techniques, to create solutions that enable enhanced business performance.
- Mines and extracts data and applies statistics and algorithms necessary to derive insights for Lowe's and Lowe's Digital.
- Supports the generation of an automated insights generation framework for Lowe's business partners to effectively interpret data.
- Provides actionable insights through data science on Personalization, Search & Navigation, SEO & Promotions, Supply Chain, Services, other company priorities, etc.
- Tracks success of Lowe's through the development of dashboard reports that measure financial results, customer satisfaction, and engagement metrics.
- Conducts deep statistical analysis, including predictive and prescriptive modeling in order to provide a competitive advantage at Lowe's.
- Maintains expert-level knowledge on industry trends, emerging technologies, and new methodologies and applies it to projects as well as using it to guide team members.
- Leads automation and analytical projects, collaborating across functions in Lowe's and Lowe's Digital.
- Responsible for influencing, leading the thought process, and defining the appropriate methodology for team members.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, Engineering or related field
- Uses best practices to develop statistical and machine learning techniques to build models that improve the accuracy of our data and decisions made from data analysis
- Support methodological projects from beginning to end: plan, manipulate, analyze, and interpret large data sources; develop, validate, implement models; tell a story from data through analyses
- Participate in the broader data science, statistical, and/or machine learning communities to stay current with the latest techniques and software
- Knowledge of data design and analysis, inclusive of data pre-processing, cleaning, editing, model building, and analysis
- Proficiency in Java, Python and SQL
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Related field
- 7 years of progressive, post-bachelor’s experience in Data Engineering/Management, or Analytics
- Strong applied statistical experience and quantitative analysis
- Experience with smaller statistical samples and “big data” datasets
- Innovative thinking around different methods to enhance data offerings
- Disposition to simplify, streamline work processes, simply communicate complex statistical concepts
- Excellent collaborative and influencing skills
- Excellent organizational skills with high degree of attention to detail
- Excellent ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates.
Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on safe, affordable housing and careers in the skilled trades. For more information about the #loweslife, visit jobs.lowes.com and follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram: @lowescareers.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.