IT Infrastructure Engineer I
The Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for network engineering and troubleshooting, project management, data cabling, and systems administration in a variety of software and hardware environments. In this role the infrastructure Engineer will perform both End User Support duties, as well as partner with Engineering teams within the labs with additional adhoc projects.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Provide End User Support by providing all levels of support for lab workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, and other network attached devices. Including Setup & move systems as necessary (office moves, site relocation)
- Administer onsite network, security devices, and functionality
- Writes and reviews clear technical specifications and documentation
- Builds hardware and software configurations and prepares system components for installation to the infrastructure
- Build, deploy, and support Linux and Windows virtual machines
- Develops, validates, and executes hardware and infrastructure software tests to identify system errors and ensure solutions meet functional specifications, working with IT teams to revise infrastructure systems based on test results as appropriate
- Supports systems integration testing (SIT), component integration testing (CIT), and user acceptance testing (UAT) by providing insight to testing teams in order to ensure the appropriate depth of test coverage
- Provides support for functionality tests as needed, working with IT teams to revise key system components based on test results as appropriate
- Facilitates the implementation and maintenance of assigned enterprise infrastructure systems to ensure successful deployment and operation by developing and documenting detailed standards (e.g., guidelines, processes, procedures) for the introduction and maintenance of services
- Provides post-implementation support to make system enhancements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
- 2+ years’ experience in an IT support environment with technical experience in distributed technologies and systems development. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement
- 2+ years’ experience with Microsoft Windows, Linux administration, and troubleshooting
- Basic scripting knowledge (e.g: Python, Bash) and automation framework (Ansible, Salt, Chef or Puppet)
- Experience using Mobile Device Manager solutions for tablets, iOS and Android device management
- Must have an excellent understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a willingness to learn and apply new technologies
- Familiar with Perforce version control administration, GIT, and VSTS
- Experienced with Cloud services such as Azure, Google Cloud platform, and AWS
- Superior technical aptitude and the ability to deal effectively with people in a wide variety of situations. Additionally, they must possess strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability
- Previous experience exercising high levels of initiative, judgment, and diplomacy required
- 2+ years’ experience leading technical or project teams with or without direct reports
- 1+ year(s) work experience in an IT role requiring interaction with senior management (i.e., Director level or higher)
- 2+ years’ experience working in a large matrixed organization
- 2+ years’ experience working with third party IT vendors and/or systems solution providers
- 2+ years IT experience in the retail industry
- 2+ years’ experience writing technical documentation in an infrastructure development environment
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
About Lowe’s in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.