Team Leader CDTApply Now Job ID 1383387BR Date posted 04/16/2018 Location Houston, TX Location Name Lowe's Central Delivery Term Address 1256 Greens Parkway Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Distribution Department 0304 - DC Product Flow
The primary function of the Team Lead is to perform actions needed for effective warehouse functioning. This includes
confirming receipt of inventory, verifying shipments, moving stock, and following procedures for damaged inventory. The Team
Lead is responsible for unloading the warehouse trucks and inventory management including daily cycle counts and discrepancy
resolution. At times, this role functions as the lead service associate and is responsible for assigning tasks to other service
associates, influencing associate scheduling, and is responsible for the safety of the building and team. The Team Lead is
responsible for generating reports and tracking Freight Flow/Delivery metrics and keeping paperwork filed and organized. The
Team Lead is also responsible for loading the delivery truck and safely operating power equipment. The Team Lead is required to
maintain a safe and secure work environment by conducting daily safety reviews, noting hazards, keeping areas clean and
organized, and monitoring for potential theft or security risks. Lastly, the Service Associate is responsible for completing all other
duties as needed.
Requires morning, afternoon, and evening availability any day of the week. Required to work a pre-determined schedule, but
may be changed by management based on business needs. Requests to be scheduled off for a specific day requires advanced
notification and approval by supervisor. Hourly Full Time or Part Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 or 10 to 25 hours per week,
respectively; more hours may be required based on business needs.
This position reports to an Operations Coach and does not have direct reports, but provides coaching/guidance to hourly
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Acting with Honor and Character: Integrity and Ethics
Communicating Effectively: Written Communication, Information Sharing, Telephone Etiquette, Verbal Communication, English
Conscientiousness/Inspection/Detail Orientation: Following Instructions, Attention to Detail, Dependability
Decision Making: Problem Solving, Decision-Making
Getting Organized: Multi-Tasking, Planning and Organizing, Time Management
Getting Work Done Through Others: Delegation
Inspiring Others: Influence
Safety Orientation: Equipment and Tool Safety, Safety Regulations, Safety Orientation
Power Equipment: Power Tools, Powered Equipment
Administrative Ability: Coordination Activities, Form, Report, and Log Completion, Computer Use, Files and Records
Management, Administrative Ability
Arithmetic Computation: Arithmetic Computation
Basic Equipment Use/Assembly: Equipment Operations, Hand Tools, Assembly
Demonstrating Personal Flexibility: Learning, Adaptability/Flexibility, Stress Tolerance
Focusing on the Bottom Line: Initiative, Accountability
Keeping on Point: Sense of Urgency
- Communicates information to Contact Center or Manager on Duty regarding all stock, special order merchandise, feature
benefits, application, and warranty information.
- Ensures all damaged items are placed in designated damage area.
- Ensures communication between day shift and night shift.
- Ensures doors and gates are secured or monitored when open.
- Ensures good housekeeping standards are in place and programs such as Area Recovery, are executed daily to guarantee
that the facility (Including work areas) is clean and organized at all times.
- Ensures that the loads are safe, secure, and within Lowe's standards.
- Inspects condition of products (e.g., Appliances) before loading for delivery or assisting customer with loading.
- Keeps paperwork filed and organized.
- Matches items on loading ticket with quantities loaded by verifying descriptions, items, and model numbers.
- Monitors power equipment use, ensures it adheres to Lowe's safety standards, and reports any violations to immediate
- Participates in recycling programs by making sure proper materials (e.g., Appliances, Plastics, and Batteries) are recycled
(e.g., Cardboard bale, Appliance trailer, or Front of store) as appropriate.
- Participates in training for equipment and safety procedures.
- Performing basic operations of trash/refuse compactor.
- Prints loading tickets from delivery system (e.g., Genesis) for customer delivery sign-offs.
- Pulls, straps, and blankets merchandise, and loads trucks (within the truck's payload) according to delivery order.
- Puts away appliances and organizes back room.
- Secures truck contents before operating vehicle.
- Tags faulty equipment as part of the lock out/tag out program; makes sure machines are locked, tagged, and are not used
until repaired; contacts vendors to repair lock out/tag out equipment.
- Uses box bailer to compress cardboard that is sent to receiving.
- Walks the facility throughout the day taking note of and addressing any safety or product related issues; and completes daily
Safety and Hazard reporting (e.g., DSHR).
- Cares for equipment by refueling and charging when necessary.
- Ensures cleanliness, standard maintenance and repairs (e.g., charge equipment) verifies daily power equipment
inspections and reports.
- Minimizes overtime by making sure employees review logged hours and manage time.
- Notifies Manager when products in box do not match box description and records what was received versus what is missing.
- Uses LRT gun to receive products or confirm delivery.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications
Valid state-issued driver's license.
AND High School Diploma or equivalent.
AND 6 months of stocking/receiving/inventory experience.
1 year experience working in a retail store OR warehouse.
1 year supervisory experience including coaching/training.
3 months experience operating forklift/power equipment (e.g., lifts).
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age,
national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other
category protected under applicable law.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
Can you recommend anyone for this #job in #Indianapolis, IN? bit.ly/2JlBpAK #Transportation #Hiring
At Lowe’s, we strongly believe that helping our customers love where they live starts with our employees loving where they work. Take a look at some of the things you may experience in the #LowesLife: sm.lowes.com/8ffweu pic.twitter.com/R7BoFxpn40
Nicole C., HR Manager at our West Lang, MI store, shares that earning her women in leadership pin was her #bestvestmoment. "This is when I fell in love with our company! If a company would make an investment to develop and encourage women to take leaders
At Lowe's, we celebrate our employees and push them to be the best they can be every single day. Looking to become part of our supportive team? Take a look at some of the things you may experience in the #LowesLife: http://sm.lowes.com/8zygwC
RT @LowesMedia: Thank you @2020WOB for recognizing @Lowes as a "W" company for championing gender diversity and having 20% or more of our b…
We're #hiring! Click to apply: Non-CDL DRIVER - bit.ly/2K9E41V #Transportation #SanAntonio, TX #Job #Jobs
We want to congratulate Cynthia on her promotion to Head Cashier! We are so excited to see you succeed and grow in your new role! #bestvestmoment pic.twitter.com/f1lSCEYSfW