Field Service ManagerApply Now Job ID 1280414BR Date posted 10/11/2017 Location Harlingen, TX Location Name Harlingen, TX Address 4705 South Expressway 77/83 Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0638 - National Services
The Field Service Manager (FSM) is also responsible for setting the standards for exceptional service when interacting with customers and service providers and ensuring that service providers are paid fairly and efficiently based on market conditions and rates while controlling expenses to protect profitability. This includes upholding high levels of integrity and trustworthiness as they represent Lowe’s within the community and Store population. They are also responsible for recruiting, on-boarding, developing and retaining individuals for the service provider base in order to meet area sales and service demands at all times.
Managing the Service Provider and General Contractor Networks
· Maintains and manages the Service Provider (SP) and general contractor base to support labor revenue and control service labor expense.
· Ensures service providers and general contractors are trained and knowledgeable of all Lowe’s applications and policies that pertain to the service job. This would include service provider systems, IE, Service Bench and the Installer website.
· Conducts regular reviews of local License and Permit requirements and ensures service providers and general contractors comply with all requirements, including proper background checks.
· Obtains and holds required licenses on Lowe’s behalf as required.
Service Provider Performance
· Accountable for Service Provider and general contractor relationship excellence as well as achievement of cost and quality metrics (this also includes full accountability for expense management and travel itinerary planning).
· Monitors support provided by service provider and general contractor base and ensures that SP base is qualified to meet customer’s needs/schedule. This includes regular monitoring and management of capacity and job assignment rankings/rotation.
· Identifies under-performing service providers and general contractors through store feedback, job inspections, surveys, and other field activates, and develops action plans for improvement or terminate contract if needed.
· Conducts routine job site inspections and service provider/contractor business reviews.
· Encourages and coordinates vendor product training for service providers as needed.
· Maintains knowledge of industry standards and ensures service provider training for product installation and product service specification are on-going.
Relationship Management and Coordination
· Manages the relationship and performance of the service provider network through direct interaction with the service providers and indirect interaction through Service Support; this is accomplished through proactive contact and escalation support.
· Establishes and maintains relationships with Store Operations Teams at local and regional level, the Central Production Office, and with local Service Support Teams to ensure alignment of area objectives.
· Interacts with Stores and Central Production Office to support and oversee labor and associated product sales opportunities.
· Offers expertise and support in the form of service provider network and competitive insights to local Stores for new programs and/or initiatives.
Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; communicating information and providing advice to drive projects forward; influencing team members within assigned unit; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership and mentoring junior team members
Conducts or oversees business-specific projects by applying deep expertise in subject area; developing work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; determining and carrying out processes and methodologies; coordinating and delegating resources to accomplish organizational goals; partnering internally and externally to make effective business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating high priority issues or risks as appropriate; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities
Required Minimum Qualifications :
· Bachelor’s Degree plus 1 year of industry related experience (installation, repair service, or home improvement industry) OR 3 years of related industry experience
· 1 year experience in managing direct or indirect reports
· Ability to drive and hold a valid driver’s license
· Willingness to travel (Extensive travel is required to execute the function of the job)
Preferred Qualifications :
· Trade licensing or certification
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service 2,365 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com .
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
We're here with the tools to help you build your next career. See what we have to offer: sm.lowes.com/VR0vMP pic.twitter.com/XQPRRuuIx3
GIANT Bulldog thank you to the @Lowes volunteer heroes. The @YorkESBulldogs campus is B-E-A-utiful! #LowesHeroes… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
We're here to deliver your next career! Apply to become a Non-CDL driver for our team: http://sm.lowes.com/aKXrVi
Sneak preview of the awesome things are happening today @YorkESBulldogs! #LowesHeroes #YESwecan pic.twitter.com/i8SkcguP7W
Interested in a #job in #Mooresville, NC? This could be a great fit: bit.ly/2kZdQ9R #Hiring
Check out our partnership with the Hornets Legacy Project! We've teamed up with the Charlotte Hornets to renovate basketball courts in their community. Read more: http://sm.lowes.com/yY1g8B
Looking for a rewarding career? Click the link in our bio to check out the job opportunities at our call center in Indianapolis, IN. #LowesLife
This #job might be a great fit for you: Senior SQA Automation Engineer - bit.ly/2wZEvos #Mooresville, NC #Hiring