Sales Specialist Cabinets (FT)
Sales Specialist Cabinets
Purpose of Role
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a Sales Specialist, this means:
- Being friendly and professional, eager to understand the customer’s specific needs in order to pair the best products and service offerings in support of their project.
- Ensuring displayed merchandise reflects our high standards of showroom readiness, operates as intended during demonstrations, and is up to date, accurately mirroring the manufacturers current product offering.
- Engaging in safe work practices including the proper operation of store equipment.
The Sales Specialist serves as an expert, explaining the specifications and features of a product or service to existing or potential customers, with the goal of closing a sale. This associate provides exceptional consultative services to customers and confirms their needs are met before leaving the store. The Sales Specialist is also responsible for executing orders and projects in their area of focus. Sales Specialists work in one of the following areas: Appliances, Cabinets, Flooring, Live Nursery, Millwork, Fashion Plumbing, ProServices, or Windows & Walls. Individuals applying for a role as a Sales Specialist may be considered for any one of these areas, depending on hiring needs and skillset.
- Provides SMART customer service at all times through the daily execution of Lowe's customer service policies, procedures and programs.
- Seeks out customers to understand his/her needs and assists in locating, demonstrating, selecting, carrying, and/or loading merchandise.
- Listens to and responds knowledgeably and promptly to customer and employee questions by taking them to areas of the store and walking them through projects when necessary.
- Demonstrates sincere appreciation to customers.
- Communicates information to customers regarding all stock, special order merchandise, feature benefits, application, and warranty information related to Lowe’s programs.
- Cross-functionally trains in other areas of the store to help deliver the best customer service.
- Listens to, identifies, anticipates, and responds to customer needs.
- Displays a keen understanding of local competitive offerings; recognizing and communicating the advantages of Lowe’s products and services to employees and customers
- Works with customers to create design and details, researches ideas based on customers’ plans, recommends products/services, and provides customers with project estimates consistently gaining customers commitment to close the sale.
- Schedules installer visits to potential customers' homes for measurement and uses detail information to create or revise project cost estimate.
- Follows-up with customers to ensure all order and project requirements are satisfactorily met.
- Serves as point of contact on all designs and/or installs within department.
- Provides prompt support to all checkout functions, call buttons, departmental pages, or requests for assistance.
- Trains associates in the department by conducting on-the-job training on the Sales floor (e.g., Order Management, Sales, Customer Service, Installs) and coaching around development needs.
- If in the ProServices Department, focuses on external accounts and outside sales and services.
- Monitors inventory levels to ensure they are adequate to support sales and asks for special orders and other merchandise to support local market needs.
- Follows up with vendors on placed orders, calls other stores to find desired merchandise, and orders replacement stock.
- Tickets, arranges, and displays merchandise and signage according to planograms and restocks or adjusts product displays and signage as merchandise sells or as space permits.
- Performs price reviews in accordance with pricing policies and ensures maintenance of pricing and pricing documentation.
- Pulls and stages freight/products to fill customer orders (e.g., Installations, Deliveries), moves freight to delivery area, and prepares freight/product for delivery to customer.
- Monitors order status of products and special orders and communicates updates or issues with customers and Lowe’s associates (e.g., Receiving, Delivery, and Install staff) as needed.
- Enters, processes, and tracks customer orders and installations to manage customer follow-up and completion of order/project according to schedule.
Clean and Safe Stores
- Operates store equipment as needed depending on one specific role and department (e.g., Zebra phone, telephone, paging system, copiers, fax machines, computers, CCTV surveillance system, key cutter, panel saw, paint mixer, flooring cutters, compacter baler).
- Detects common signs of shoplifting, theft, and other security risks, and promptly communicates them to management and/or Asset Protection.
- Ensures compliance with housekeeping standards and programs (e.g., Zone Recovery) to maintain cleanliness and organization of store, selling centers and work stations.
- Maintains a safe and secure work environment, which may include conducting daily safety reviews, noting hazards, keeping aisles clear, and securing doors and gates.
- Adheres to all safety requirements relevant to one’s regular job duties: top stock safety, reinstalling safety cables, use of aisle blockers, a tether line on power equipment, spotters, and safety devices
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of external experience in customer facing sales OR 6 months Lowe's retail experience.
- 1 year of experience entering and submitting customer sales orders, including Special Order Sales.
- 2 years of experience identifying and selling products based upon customer needs or plans.
- 2 years of experience in providing customer service including identifying and resolving customer complaints, greeting customers, answering phones, building relationships with customers, and thanking customers for their business.
- 2 years of experience following up on outstanding or incomplete customer orders, sales, or installs.
- 1 year of experience promoting product related services and plans such as installation, delivery, credit financing, or extended protection plans.
- 2 years of experience in a sales environment with required sales goals or metrics.
- 1 year of employment with Lowe's as a Sales Specialist.
- 2 years of experience designing customized products for customers through the use of 20/20 or Computer-Aided Design system.
- Professional Certification related to position being considered (i.e., NKBA - National Kitchen & Bath Association).
- Associate Degree in Interior Design.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.