Manager SC Safety & Asset ProtectionApply Now Job ID 1596377BR Date posted 05/16/2019 Location Findlay, OH Location Name Lowe's Ohio RDC Address 12700 County Road 212 Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0086 - Loss Prevention & Safety Mgmt
- Partners with leadership team to create visibility and ownership around safety, environmental and asset protection related initiatives to drive a culture of health and safety throughout the facility
- Plans and conducts periodic audits, inspections and walkthroughs of assigned facilities to validate compliance to company standards and local, state, and federal agency regulations including OSHA, EPA, and DOT
- Manages guard services and performance expectations for all locations of responsibility. This includes the management of all asset protection equipment (CCTV, alarm monitoring, etc.)
- Leads the direction of safety, environmental health, shrink mitigation/training, investigations/interviews for their main location (600-1000 employees) as well as supporting between 3-6 additional locations within their geographic area
- Supports and coordinates facility leadership team to focus on operational activities that optimize the use of equipment, facilities and personnel to minimize exposure to risk in the assigned areas of responsibility
- Manages internal incident reporting, review and root cause analysis to ensure sustainable solutions are implemented to prevent recurrence of loss (sustainable solutions).
- Serves as the main point of negotiation and response, on behalf of the company, for all regulatory inquires, including but not limited to; OSHA, EPA, Fire Authorities, etc. for primary location and all support locations.
- Analyzes incident trends and worker’s compensation claim metrics and performs root cause analysis
- Serves as project lead on program enhancements for the entire supply chain organization within the afore mentioned verticals (Safety & Environmental, Shrink, Investigations, Support and New Business)
- Participates in peer work teams to drive strategies/programs that reduce risk throughout the Lowe’s Supply Chain, in any of the afore mentioned verticals, to support the requirements of our evolving business.
- Builds training content for emergency management and crisis response, safety and environmental, asset protection and new hire orientation. Instructs trainers to present content and occasionally conducts classes.
- Ensures that hazardous materials are properly cleaned and disposed of, in accordance with all applicable regulations.
- Plans and conducts periodic audits, inspections (STOP, Impact Training, Cyber Manager) and walk throughs of assigned facilities to validate compliance to company standards and local, state and federal agency regulations including OSHA, EPA, and DOT; assists the facility management with developing action plans to address deficiencies
- Participated in system design planning process for all new equipment adds, existing equipment or process modifications, to reduce the risk of injury and/or regulatory exposure.
- Identifies opportunities for internal theft and investigates potential cases within these opportunity areas, proceeding to corrective solutions and training when appropriate
- Provides leadership and coordination for active internal theft investigations conducted as identified; conducts all dishonesty interviews in assigned facilities and reviews/audits all cases before they go to Investigations team
- Establishes framework that governs the availability, approval, reporting, and overall continuity of safety and shrink data
- Provides ongoing consultation and direction during the new building stand-up phase, helping to implement and enforce safety and shrink process and programs, helping to monitor these processes and programs and address issues when necessary, and collecting learnings throughout the early phases of the new building (i.e., test and learn)
5 to 7 Years of Retail Safety Experience (Distribution or Retail Stores)
And Associate’s Degree in Safety Science, Industrial Health, Risk Management, Engineering, Business or other related degree
Bachelor's Degree in Safety Science, Industrial Health, Risk Management, Engineering, Business or other related degree
Tenure with a Mass Retailer or other multi-location employer. Warehouse type store and/or distribution center experience preferred
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
#ICYMI, we hosted a #GenerationT kick-off event at a Boston area high school to help bring shop class back to the school and give students hands-on experience learning #tradeskills. Learn more about #GenT here: low.es/2HsBGnj pic.twitter.com/HThfz8CsoY
Our partners at the Federal Alliance for Safe Homes (#FLASH), are hosting the #HurricaneAwarenessTour to educates coastal city residents on #hurricanepreparedness. Learn more here: low.es/2Ji1cOa pic.twitter.com/iIW3QIweWM
Lowe's associates still rock their red vests, but our new camo vests make it easy to spot our #militaryveteran employees. Learn more about #LowesLife how we salute our camo-clad employees. #MilitaryAppreciationMonth low.es/2JjCFs5 pic.twitter.com/eHQ5rPDO4Y
Volunteers from Charlotte area @Lowes stores joined @RedCross to install free smoke alarms as part of the #SoundtheAlarm campaign, which we will continue to do in 25 U.S. cities over the next few weeks to help #EndHomeFires. low.es/30gJqjW pic.twitter.com/mDyT0fXXeR
Class is in session at #LowesUniversity. We recently welcomed employees to take part of our week-long Store Manager Learning Experience, to help them grow and gain perspective from Lowe's executive leaders. #LowesLife pic.twitter.com/XpbGPiEZSV
Happy #MothersDay! ❤️ Take some time to make your mom feel special today. What do you love most about your mom? pic.twitter.com/6Ov0uk16Lc
Veteran and Lowe's customer, Joe, transformed pieces and parts into pedals and power. Learn more about how this board tracker enthusiast built a tribute bike with a little help from his friends at Lowe's: sm.lowes.com/1Ts2Zz pic.twitter.com/XOPCsofIEm
Looking to make a career change? Lowe's can open doors for you and your future. Join #LowesLife today! sm.lowes.com/s6V74t pic.twitter.com/Y2Z2Dev0qp