Industrial EngineerApply Now Job ID 1339639BR Date posted 02/01/2018 Location Findlay, OH Location Name Lowe's Ohio RDC Address 12700 County Road 212 Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Distribution Department 0302 - DC Supervisors
This role operates as an integral member of a Distribution Center's (DC's) management team, while also being part of a broader team of Engineers across the distribution network. The primary role is to partner with DC management to drive facility performance including productivity, accuracy, capacity and efficiency. Duties include daily management of engineered standards, reporting and production support. Broader responsibilities include project management, business analysis, budgeting support, facility layout, product flow and change management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain multi-variable standards, including the performance of time studies, regularly scheduled standard validation, best-method development, documentation and training.
- Build understanding and gain "buy-in" of approved standards by the appropriate DC personnel.
- Prepare and maintain documentation for each operation describing methods and procedures, engineering notes, engineering records (such as time study data), standards, and pay variable definitions.
- Produce various performance reports on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Meet weekly as part of the DC management team to keep apprised of issues and opportunities, lending the engineering perspective to guide the facility towards the most ideal and strategic course of action.
- Other responsibilities include: budgeting support, facility layout design, ergonomics, material handling equipment, process improvement, cost-benefit analysis, and capacity analysis
The candidate must have the ability to assess and discuss the human and organizational impacts of major change on an existing operation and understand and use a variety of communication styles to facilitate the exchange of ideas between engineering, management, and associates. The candidate must have a bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or comparable education/business experience. Spanish speaking is a plus and a good working knowledge of AutoCAD, Excel, Access and Time Study experience is preferred. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to act as part of as well as leading teams to accomplish goals.
Preferred Qualifications:- Bi-Lingual English/Spanish preferred.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
If you're looking for work in #Louisville, KY, check out this #job: bit.ly/2tHNvBt #Transportation #Hiring
RT @MarcusClarkus: Yes, #NSBE44 Lowe's is looking for Industrial Engineers, check out this job: jobs.lowes.com/job/rockford/c… #NSBE #LowesLife
Help us bring spring to life. Join us as our next Sales Specialist. #lowesspringhire http://sm.lowes.com/ZL34FI
#DYK nearly 200 of our current Store Managers started as seasonal hires? Your opportunity with Lowe's awaits. See more here: bit.ly/2FOolqg pic.twitter.com/aY4jXOQKTd
At Lowe's, we care about creating a culture where people love where they work. Learn more about why you should join our team! #LowesLife sm.lowes.com/8ISsXN
We're #hiring! Read about our latest #job opening here: Non-CDL DRIVER - bit.ly/2u65uSg #Transportation #Kyle, TX
Why Lowe's? Because we are driven by helping people love where they live and creating a culture where people love where they work. Learn more about why you should join our Lowe's family today: http://sm.lowes.com/AwuTvt
“I am a proud Lowe’s employee. Lowe’s afforded me the opportunity to complete college and continue to reach my dreams.” This spring, discover a new career that you're proud of with Lowe's. Click the link in our bio to apply today!