FT - Merchandising Service Manager - Day
What You Will Do
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a Merchandising Service Manager, this means:
• Being friendly and professional, and engaging vendors and associates to meet store needs.
• Ensuring signage, pricing information, and displays are accurate so that merchandise is easy to locate.
• Coaching associates in creating visually appealing product displays that are safe, clean, and easy for customers to access.
The Merchandising Service Manager (MSM) oversees store execution of all merchandising service, project, and maintenance activities. Successful completion of these tasks results in clean, safe, and accessible merchandise, and an overall appealing shopping experience for our customers. This associate supervises the team that resets (based on planograms), stocks, and prices merchandise accurately. In addition to supervising his/her own team, the MSM coordinates with others in the store to ensure the Merchandising Service Team supports successful sales and operations of the store. In many cases, the MSM must interpret and adapt the planograms and project plans provided to better serve the needs and layout of individual stores.
Travel Requirements: This role does not require regular travel; however, this role may need to travel on occasion to meetings, trainings, or to support neighboring stores.
What We're Looking For
• Hourly Full Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 hours; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
• Requires morning, afternoon, evening, and overnight availability any day of the week.
• Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
• Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
What You Need To Succeed
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 2 years of customer service or retail experience in a fast-paced retail environment OR 1 year Lowe's store experience
• 6 months of experience as a team lead or leading others in an informal capacity
• Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction)
• Ability to work overnight and weekends as required.
• 1 year supervisory experience including coaching/training and evaluating the performance of direct reports.
• 8 months of merchandising experience including reading planograms, setting up and tearing down displays.
• 3 months of experience operating power equipment such as lifts, order pickers, and similar equipment.
• Working knowledge of basic tools needed for the job (e.g., hand tools, drills, saws).
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.