Sales Specialist MillworkApply Now Job ID 1608409BR Date posted 06/26/2019 Location Durant, Oklahoma Location Name Durant, OK Address 720 University Place Employment Type I Full time Employment Type II Regular Line of Business Store Department LWS_STR_Millwork
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a Sales Specialist, this means:
• Being friendly and professional, eager to understand the customer’s specific needs in order to pair the best products and service offerings in support of their project.
• Ensuring displayed merchandise reflects our high standards of showroom readiness, operates as intended during demonstrations, and is up to date, accurately mirroring the manufacturers current product offering.
• Engaging in safe work practices including the proper operation of store equipment.
The Sales Specialist serves as an expert, explaining the specifications and features of a product or service to existing or potential customers, with the goal of closing a sale. This associate provides exceptional consultative services to customers and confirms their needs are met before leaving the store. The Sales Specialist is also responsible for executing orders and projects in their area of focus. Sales Specialists work in one of the following areas: Appliances, Cabinets, Flooring, Live Nursery, Millwork, Fashion Plumbing, ProServices, or Windows & Walls. Individuals applying for a role as a Sales Specialist may be considered for any one of these areas, depending on hiring needs and skillset.
Travel Requirements: This role does not require regular travel; however, this role may need to travel on occasion to meetings, trainings, or to support neighboring stores.
• Provides SMART customer service at all times through the daily execution of Lowe's customer service policies, procedures and programs.
• Seeks out customers to understand his/her needs and assists in locating, demonstrating, selecting, carrying, and/or loading merchandise.
• Listens to and responds knowledgeably and promptly to customer and employee questions by taking them to areas of the store and walking them through projects when necessary.
• Demonstrates sincere appreciation to customers.
• Communicates information to customers regarding all stock, special order merchandise, feature benefits, application, and warranty information related to Lowe’s programs.
• Cross-functionally trains in other areas of the store to help deliver the best customer service.
• Listens to, identifies, anticipates, and responds to customer needs.
• Displays a keen understanding of local competitive offerings; recognizing and communicating the advantages of Lowe’s products and services to employees and customers
• Works with customers to create design and details, researches ideas based on customers’ plans, recommends products/services, and provides customers with project estimates consistently gaining customers commitment to close the sale.
• Schedules installer visits to potential customers' homes for measurement and uses detail information to create or revise project cost estimate.
• Follows-up with customers to ensure all order and project requirements are satisfactorily met.
• Serves as point of contact on all designs and/or installs within department.
• Provides prompt support to all checkout functions, call buttons, departmental pages, or requests for assistance.
• Trains associates in the department by conducting on-the-job training on the Sales floor (e.g., Order Management, Sales, Customer Service, Installs) and coaching around development needs.
• If in the ProServices Department, focuses on external accounts and outside sales and services
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• 1 year of external experience in customer facing sales OR 6 months Lowe's retail experience.
• Ability to obtain sales related licensure or registration as may be required by law.
- 1 year of experience entering and submitting customer sales orders, including Special Order Sales.
- 2 years of experience identifying and selling products based upon customer needs or plans.
- 2 years of experience in providing customer service including identifying and resolving customer complaints, greeting customers, answering phones, building relationships with customers, and thanking customers for their business.
- 2 years of experience following up on outstanding or incomplete customer orders, sales, or installs.
- 1 year of experience promoting product related services and plans such as installation, delivery, credit financing, or extended protection plans.
- 2 years of experience in a sales environment with required sales goals or metrics.
- 1 year of experience in a trade directly related to Millwork
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
We're proud of every #LowesIntern19 who made the most of their summer and took a step ahead in their careers. Three cheers for our future leaders for living out #LowesLife to the fullest. pic.twitter.com/ohUEFGA0ah
"I am excited to apply my knowledge to the unique field of Employment Branding and learn about how Lowe’s finds the right people to fuel their business." - Katelyn, #TalentAcquisition Intern and @UofSC student. #Gamecocks #LowesIntern19 low.es/2RRP9bX pic.twitter.com/4KNVUbmbCp
When our employees fall on hard times, we've got their backs. The Lowe’s Employee Relief Fund (#LERF) has helped more than 33,000 associates, by giving more than $39 million in assistance over the last 20 years. Learn more: bit.ly/30wAJkM #LowesLife pic.twitter.com/tSUq5nwu5w
Lowe's #EmergencyCommandCenter is keeping a close eye on the needs of communities affected by #TropicalStrormBarry and sending disaster relief kits to help begin the recovery process. Learn more: low.es/2YTlwdc pic.twitter.com/Mj4rXYLmAo
Our #TechnologyTeam is growing fast! Apply now to join our team and work at our #TechHub in Charlotte, NC. Learn how you can be a part of our technology transformation: low.es/2GbgdON #GoodToGreat pic.twitter.com/bod64iPHPy
"I am interested in learning more about the sustainable practices that the company values so much! Protecting the Earth and keeping it beautiful is very important to me." Welcome to our #ecofriendly team, Megan! @AppState #AppState low.es/2RRP9bX pic.twitter.com/hFOt6DODC6
What you think you know about the #SkilledTrades may not be true. Here are five myths about the industry that have been busted. #GenT @IamGenerationT bit.ly/2FPCbGZ pic.twitter.com/NqR7ZYFPrf
The Lowe’s technology team is on a mission to be the leader in home improvement and retail technology. Connect with us and join our tech team in the heart of Charlotte, NC. Learn more: bit.ly/3079e0P #TechnologyJobs pic.twitter.com/nObQ8zkcav