Asset Protection AgentApply Now Job ID 1626515BR Date posted 07/10/2019 Location Columbus, Ohio Location Name Columbus, OH (N Columbus) Address 1465 Polaris Parkway Employment Type I Full time Employment Type II Regular Line of Business Store Department LWS_USA_Loss Prevention Region 21
- Investigates organized retail crime activity in assigned locations and prevents external theft, based on company guidelines
- Partners with Store Management, SAPOSM, DAPOSM and MORCM to identify key areas being externally impacted, create plans to reduce loss and conduct training with store associates.
- Partners with store associates to deter external theft by conducting training on external shrink programs (i.e. SMART customer service, product protection, high theft merchandise training with front end etc.)
- Educate store associates on shrink trends, methods of theft and the tools/resources available to use in the prevention of further loss
- Maintain and update all awareness, statistical and recognition programs/ certificates related to high theft items to bring awareness to the team.
- Monitors merchandise entering and leaving the store entrances and exits via CCTV (video surveillance system) to identify external/internal activity.
- Observes employee and customer behavior in the store using video surveillance systems; and establishes surveillance on shrinkage items and on employees in departments with shortages.
- Analyzes associate and customer shopping behaviors for irregularities indicative of theft.
- Ensures shoplifters are apprehended in accordance to company policies and procedures, and according to local, state and federal laws.
- Conducts interviews in accordance with local laws and company policy on customers and vendors suspected of theft, reports suspected fraud to AP Management and Market Investigations as needed.
- Prepare, complete and maintain on all case reports related to associate recoveries, Asset Protection apprehensions and Known Theft cases
- Completes prescribed tasks in Case Management System
- Participates in court hearings, if applicable. Updates case files and maintains relationships with local Law Enforcement
- Detects, deters, and investigates violations of company policies and criminal activities by investigating alleged fraud and other alleged illegal activities; intervenes in and resolves safety violations; conducts internal and external theft investigations to manage operational, internal, and external shrinkage; obtains evidence, takes statements, and writes case reports; and participates in collaborative efforts with other investigative entities
- Validates physical security of the building, per company policy/procedure, throughout the day (Gates, Keys etc.)
- Determines cause with associates and customers who have triggered emergency exit and EAS (Electronic Article Surveillance) alarms and resolves issues.
- Work assigned Exception Based Reporting, relating to external and internal loss.
- Supports internal investigations by reporting any suspicious activity or fraud to AP Management and/or Market Investigations. Participates in collecting evidence regarding internal investigations as needed.
- Provides feedback to SAPOSM and/or DAPOSM on audit/inspection findings
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
We're proud of every #LowesIntern19 who made the most of their summer and took a step ahead in their careers. Three cheers for our future leaders for living out #LowesLife to the fullest. pic.twitter.com/ohUEFGA0ah
"I am excited to apply my knowledge to the unique field of Employment Branding and learn about how Lowe’s finds the right people to fuel their business." - Katelyn, #TalentAcquisition Intern and @UofSC student. #Gamecocks #LowesIntern19 low.es/2RRP9bX pic.twitter.com/4KNVUbmbCp
When our employees fall on hard times, we've got their backs. The Lowe’s Employee Relief Fund (#LERF) has helped more than 33,000 associates, by giving more than $39 million in assistance over the last 20 years. Learn more: bit.ly/30wAJkM #LowesLife pic.twitter.com/tSUq5nwu5w
Lowe's #EmergencyCommandCenter is keeping a close eye on the needs of communities affected by #TropicalStrormBarry and sending disaster relief kits to help begin the recovery process. Learn more: low.es/2YTlwdc pic.twitter.com/Mj4rXYLmAo
Our #TechnologyTeam is growing fast! Apply now to join our team and work at our #TechHub in Charlotte, NC. Learn how you can be a part of our technology transformation: low.es/2GbgdON #GoodToGreat pic.twitter.com/bod64iPHPy
"I am interested in learning more about the sustainable practices that the company values so much! Protecting the Earth and keeping it beautiful is very important to me." Welcome to our #ecofriendly team, Megan! @AppState #AppState low.es/2RRP9bX pic.twitter.com/hFOt6DODC6
What you think you know about the #SkilledTrades may not be true. Here are five myths about the industry that have been busted. #GenT @IamGenerationT bit.ly/2FPCbGZ pic.twitter.com/NqR7ZYFPrf
The Lowe’s technology team is on a mission to be the leader in home improvement and retail technology. Connect with us and join our tech team in the heart of Charlotte, NC. Learn more: bit.ly/3079e0P #TechnologyJobs pic.twitter.com/nObQ8zkcav