Pro Sales Manager
The primary purpose of this role is to drive sales for Lowe's largest regional pro customers at a faster rate than the general populace of Lowe's pro customers. This will be accomplished by building relationships with larger Pro customers and leveraging opportunities to deploy product and account management solutions, resulting in sales gains. Additionally, the Pro Sales Manager will attend tradeshows, conduct jobsite/customer office visits in an effort to introduce more product categories, promotional pricing, key product solutions and close sales.
- Drive Pro sales for assigned and Prospect portfolio of customers by conducting market research, cold calling, following through on lead generation, meeting with clients/customers on a regular basis in their place of business, jobsites and trades shows.
- Schedule regular visits to worksites to determine to identify if additional product is needed, take order, work with store to fulfill the order.
- During customer meetings negotiate pricing and contract terms in order to close sales.
- Conducts district level research of pro customer opportunities to find the highest opportunity customers to pursue.
- Works with assigned accounts and pulls together all relevant information to create an effective strategy to deploy for their assigned accounts.
- Works cross functionally with District Managers and Store Managers to bring the services and products needed to increase pro sales, with each of the PSMs customers.
- Meets the highest level purchasing decision makers to conduct supplier annual reviews, coordinate and lead quarterly and annual planning and production meetings, hold vendor specific trade shows, board of director vendor approval meetings, etc.
- Conducts 12-15 sales calls each week to review products, production schedules, planning schedules, delivery timing and new product introductions; ensuring these sales calls are scheduled 1-2 weeks in advance.
- Applies a consultative selling strategy to understand the needs of the customer and apply a proactive selling approach when scheduling on-going follow-ups with sales opportunities. Builds strong working relationships with District Managers, Store Managers, Regional Vice Presidents.
- Uses all relevant selling tools, selling programs and fulfillment channels to bring the most effective solutions that will most benefit their pro customer.
- Updates District Manager on a weekly basis in regard to sales and customer opportunities, wins and sales performance, including yearly planned sales.
- Influences the District Manager and store managers in regard to service levels and in stock levels needed to assist specific customer needs.
- Works cross functionally with district and regional based merchandising team members to ensure the proper and most relevant products related to their managed account customers.
- Communicates effectively with Regional Pro Sales Director and Divisional Sales Director.
- Researches and analyzes the market to ascertain competitive service levels, Pro programs, and price ranges in order to leverage trends and better serve customers.
- Integrates with customer’s accounting and business operations practices to best support and integrate processes between Lowe’s and customer’s purchasing and accounting systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field AND 4 years relevant professional sales experience OR
- 8 years of relevant professional sales experience in lieu of degree
- Experience selling products and services to strategic accounts and or Business to Business selling
- Strong communications skills to interact with customer accounts
- Sales experience in the maintenance, repair, operations, construction, home improvement, or property maintenance industry
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.