Manager Digital Experience - Mobile Apps
The Manager – Digital Experience is responsible to lead, build, grow and foster the future of the functional resources within dedicated Areas of Responsibilities. The Manager – Digital Experience is responsible for development and advancement of the team at both an individual and group level.
By leading through consistent standards of work, ensuring the team continues to evolve with changing industry trends, tools and technologies, and owning the internal methodologies and process, the Manager – Digital Experience maintains an operating model to support the needs of the enterprise.
By partnering with both stakeholders within Digital, the Manager – Digital Experience ensures effective and inclusive process development as work moves into, through and out of an Area of Responsibility. Managing a two-way dialogue between team and leadership or the Area of Responsibility / business partners, the Experience Design Manager sets direction on the consistency and quality of work across a wide scope of projects – varying in size from Enterprise Initiatives to merchandising support.
This role works cross-functionally across both Lowe's Digital, engaging with other Contributors, Leads, Managers, Directors, as well as across the enterprise- ensuring key relationships are fostered across our Omni-channel partners. Additionally, this role also manages within the other managers and contributors of the Digital Experience + Design team.
The Manager – Digital Experience is responsible for supporting Lowe's digitally at an enterprise level, supporting multiple sites and platforms including Lowes.com, Native Applications, Lowes For Pros B2B, Lowes Canada, ATG Stores, Associate Mobility and Omni-channel initiatives.
Deliver Against UX Talent Strategy
- Define, update and maintain job role responsibility.
- Define goals, success metrics and development plans.
- Develop resource plan and staffing models, influence department talent selection process and own team staffing decisions.
- Partner with internal Digital business and IT to identify how work moves from concept / idea through the Digital Experience + Design team, and ultimately to delivery.
- Identify, build and maintain the most efficient and effective internal process for how Architectural work gets done.
- Work to influence the Digital Experience + Design strategy at a macro-level while delivering on executing the strategy at a micro-level.
- Ensure projects deliver not only on our holistic design and experience strategy, but our purpose as a company.
Influence Projects / Work
- Review, critique and influence the direction of the deliverables and direction of various projects across multiple platforms / suite of products.
- Work cross-functionally with other managers and leads to ensure the quality and consistency of the work.
Key Decision Points
- Hire of Staff – both direct and indirect reports.
- Ensure staffing accuracy, including head-count, contractor/FTE mix and talent pools.
- Own the internal Architectural Design process from concept to delivery.
- Ensure a high-quality usability research and testing methodology to align with our evolving suite of digital products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Communications, Computer Science, English, Business or related field plus 3-7 years of freelance/industry experience OR 5-10 years of experience in User Experience Design or Architecture
- Prior experience in a Fortune 100 company working as part of a large-scale and complex organization
- B2B or B2C commerce or marketing experience
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.