Associate Product Manager - Online Accounts
The Associate Product Manager (APM) supports the product development process as a part of the overall product domain strategy. The APM will support the Online Account domain and will have strong analytical skills, be highly efficient in prioritization and communication, and a focus on customer experience. This role uses customer feedback, business strategy, data/analytics, user experience, and technology to create seamless customer experiences.
The Associate Product Manager assists in defining product requirements and communicating those requirements to the user experience and technology delivery teams. The Associate Product Manager uses data and analytics to understand the needs of the customer, analyze the business, and monitor product launches to make recommendations for the prioritization of the product backlog they support. They attend all business reviews, supplying product/feature results as necessary. They provide input into business cases when new products/features are being developed.
- Represents the customer needs and requirements to drive feature implementation and development with associated technology teams
- Clearly defines and write user stories and acceptance criteria
- Understands the “why” behind each Feature and works with the Sr. Manager, Product Management and Product Managers to understand the roadmap and supporting KPIs
- Uses analytics to monitor product KPIs and ensure success metrics are being met, identifies opportunities for testing and product enhancements based on results
- Participates in the team demo and retrospective
- Provides input into business case documentation
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Communications, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in 1 of the following: product management, project management, business analysis, program management, product marketing, or related experience
- Demonstrated ability to translate data into quantifiable actions/deliverables
- Strong writing ability
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on safe, affordable housing and careers in the skilled trades. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.