Product ManagerApply Now Job ID 1187120BR Date posted 04/13/2017 Location Mooresville, NC Location Name CSC-Mooresville Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard Employment Type I Regular Employment Type II Full-Time Line of Business Corporate Department 0060 - Home Decor Private Brands
The Product Manager will have primary responsibility for understanding the competitive landscape, target customer needs and industry innovation for the purpose of identifying opportunities for customer-valued product solutions. This includes developing product strategies and business plans, prioritizing customer requirements, leading multi-generational product planning and working with other functions to deliver differentiated product. This position will also be accountable for ensuring alignment with stakeholders throughout key product development decision points to enable an efficient use of resources.
In a highly matrixed environment, this position will work closely with Merchandising, Product Design and Development, International Merchandising, Quality Assurance and Marketing to optimize the assigned product portfolio.
This position will have a significant impact on the assigned product categories and the overall company. To accomplish this, the Product Manager must have broad category and product management knowledge with a strong understanding of retail business.
Product Management Leadership
· Manages multi-generational product planning and execution to deliver financial, brand and customer satisfaction objectives.
· Leads development of new product development scopes including product requirements and business case definition.
· Collaborates with suppliers and Product Design to understand industry trends, technology and product innovation.
· Establishes new frameworks and approaches to efficiently manage assigned product lines in a matrix organization.
· Develops and synthesizes consumer insights and competitive intelligence to identify opportunities.
· Coordinates go-to-market plans for new product launches.
· Primary liaison with cross-functional teams (i.e. Product Design and Development, Merchandising, International Merchandising, Quality Assurance, Marketing) to deliver the private brand strategy and objectives.
· Keeps pace with change and maintains a competitive advantage within the industry by seeking out and learning about changes in the field.
· Delivers positively to measures of success by maintaining a strong focus on the bottom line.
· Leads alignment across the team using a deep understanding product management processes.
· Drives projects and tasks to completion through teams, regardless of changing conditions, by coaching and developing associates and building bench strength for the organization.
· Uses a critical eye to examine and streamline work flows and processes within the team, to increase efficiency.
· Aligns the team’s time and effort on projects that are critical to success.
· Delegates the right tasks and decisions to the people who are in the best position to execute them.
· Provides open feedback and mentorship to team members to encourage growth and greater responsibility.
· Hires, trains and develops the talent necessary to achieve stated objectives providing meaningful development opportunities for individuals in preparation for succession planning.
· Stays current with industry trends related to the assigned Private Brand and product group(s) and focuses on how these trends can influence company strategy.
· Develops and presents material frequently to senior leadership
Required Minimum Qualifications :
· MBA or Bachelor’s degree in business, design or engineering with five years of experience on a product development team
· 3+ years of experience building, managing and growing a product portfolio in a large retail environment or consumer goods organization
· 3+ years of experience developing multi-generational product plans including strategies and business cases for new product development
· 3+ years of leading people and project teams to deliver business objectives
Preferred Qualifications :
· Experience creating or managing strategic partnerships
· Leadership experience in retail private brand product management
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States , Canada and Mexico . With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion , Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,375 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C. , Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com .
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.Apply Now Email Job
If you enjoy being a leader and helping others, this may be the job for you. Apply now to join Lowe's!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
Summer is a prime time for adventure and travel, and it can also be peak season for home burglaries. Here are a few precautionary and proactive steps you can take to secure your home this summer. Stop your mail and newspaper or ask a neighbor to gather these items for you so they don't accumulate on...
Ever wondered what it's like to open a brand-new Lowe's store? Take a look at the process here:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
#NailTheInterview Advice from Lowe's Recruiters! sm.lowes.com/mLrvem pic.twitter.com/9yTFK0Mbh1
Metrolina Greenhouses help supply Lowe's with millions of flowers every year in NC. newsroom.lowes.com/inside-lowes/7… pic.twitter.com/NH5SOIjplG
Lowe's has moved up to #40 Fortune's 500 list! Learn about the Lowe's innovations that moved us to #40:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
There's a special wall at Ft. Bragg, N.C. It's a memorial wall bearing the photos of 22 fallen soldiers, all members of the elite 5th Squadron, 73rd Cavalry Regiment, 82nd Airborne Division. One is Spc. Michael Rodriguez. He'd joined the U.S. Army two years earlier and trained to become a paratroope...
RT @LowesMedia: Bundled payments in health care have gained favor because they can reduce costs, help improve outcomes. @HarvardBiz https:/…